A 5-day Immersion into Amoda’s Teachings
This retreat is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the illumination of Amoda’s teachings. Her invitation is for you to discover what is deeper than the reactivity of the ego, to dive into the immovable core of your true nature, and then to commit to moving from that unwavering presence in response to your world.
Through dialogue, inquiry, and radical self-honesty, we will investigate how we can lovingly expose this reactivity and then deepen into our inner core in all circumstances.
The retreat is suitable for all, whether you are a newcomer to Amoda’s teachings or more familiar with her work.
This will include -
- Discourse, Q&A, Inquiry (2 to 3 sessions a day).
- Silent & Guided Meditations (some of the meditations will be supported by Kavi’s beautiful guitar music for deepening and dissolving).
- Time for contemplation, integration, and relaxation.
One of the evening sessions is reserved for a Musical Concert/Celebration with Kavi.
There will be time in the early morning (before breakfast) for movement practice - this will be either Yoga/Pranayama offered by the Mount Madonna Center teachers or Kundalini Active Meditation offered by Kavi, depending on availability. This is optional and you are also welcome to follow your own yoga or meditation practice at this time.
Please note - although not officially a silent retreat, we may include longer silent sessions. You are also welcome to be in silence whenever you wish (this is conversational silence, the meetings will include dialogue and Q/A sessions) and we can provide “In Silence” badges.
The full schedule will be given to you at the start of the retreat, but please note the schedule for the first and final days -
First Day of Retreat, Sunday 12th
Arrival & Registration from 4pm onwards Dinner at 5pm
Evening Session at 7pm
Final Day of Retreat, Thursday 16th
Morning Session at 10am
Lunch at 12.30pm
Departure at 1pm (rooms need to be vacated by this time)
Also available -
- Hot Tub (included in the retreat cost)
- Ayurvedic Bodywork available at the Zaya Kalpa Wellness Center (this is an additional cost payable directly to the center, you can book a session when you arrive and have been informed of the retreat schedule)
- Hiking Trails
- Book & Gift Store
- Gourmet Cafe
- Vedic Temple offering a Ceremony of Light twice daily.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily - these meals are vegetarian, using only fresh, high quality ingredients, organic and local whenever possible, and lovingly prepared. Ample protein choices (tofu, beans, cheese, etc) will be included. Gluten-free and dairy-free options are also available at each meal. Additional food sensitivities/special requirements can be requested in the retreat booking form, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Indian Chai is served at each breakfast, along with coffee and tea. Teas, coffee, water & fruit are available at break times.
A wide range of gourmet coffee drinks and other delicious snacks are available for purchase at Anjaneya's World Cafe.
A variety of rooms are available -
- The majority of rooms are dorm-style (between 3 minimum and 7 maximum to a room) with shared bathrooms (separate for men and women). We will do our best to assign beds so that only 5 beds are taken in each room. Please note - several of the beds are located in cozy loft-spaces, accessible by a short easily-navigated ladder. You can indicate on the booking form whether you are happy to have a loft-space bed (and we will assign only 1 or 2 people to each loft-space to guarantee more space for you).
- There are also some double and single rooms with shared bathrooms available in the main building. Additionally, there are several self-contained cabins (double or single) located a few minutes walk from the meeting room in a lovely oak grove and these have a separate bathhouse with toilets and private shower rooms.
All beds are single size and the rooms are spacious and comfortable, most of them have large windows facing Monterey Bay. Please use the ticketing form shown below for any of these options.
If you require a double or single room with private bathroom, please email Danny here - there is limited availability for these but we will do our best to accommodate you.
Things You Need to Know Before Booking -
We know it's a long list, but please read it carefully!
1. Please make sure you read through all the information about lodging carefully. If you are unsure which room will suit you best, please contact us here before making your reservation.
2. Make sure you let us know (using the booking form) if you wish to share a room with someone specific - this is especially important if you are sharing a double room with a friend or are in a couple.
3. If you are a snorer, please consider booking a single room as a kind consideration to others.
4. Please note that only ONE person per booking form is possible. If you are booking as a couple, you will need to purchase two separate tickets (and let us know that you will be sharing a room on the booking form).
5. Mount Madonna Center will do its best to accommodate food sensitivities and special requirements, but please note that they cannot cater for individual tastes. Gluten and dairy-free options will be available at every meal, as well as ample supplies of protein in the form of tofu, yoghurt, cottage cheese, nuts, vegetables. All meals are vegetarian and no processed foods are used.
6. If you need to arrive before 4pm on Sunday 12th or leave after 1pm on Thursday 16th, there is a surcharge of $2 per hour (payable to Mount Madonna Retreat Center).
7. If you make a last minute booking (up to one week prior to the start date of the retreat), there is a $10 surcharge on the total price - this will be reflected in the ticket price shown below.
8. You will need to bring your own towels. There are also inexpensive towels to purchase at the center if you need to. All bedding is provided.
9. No food or drink from outside can be brought into the center.
10. You will be sent a welcome email with a list of what we suggest you bring and other details before the start of the retreat.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
No refunds after October 12th.
Prior to Oct 12th, refund can be issued minus a $100 administration fee.
If you need to transfer your ticket to someone else because you cannot attend, there is a $50 administration fee. There are no transfers possible after October 22nd.
Tuition Fee is $495 - the ticket fees shown below include the lodging and meal costs for each room type plus the tuition fee.
About Mount Madonna Center
Mount Madonna is located on sacred ground with 355 acres of redwood groves, hiking trails and meadows infused with a sense of peace and spaciousness and heartfelt service. The Center is supported by the Hanuman Fellowship originally founded to support the teachings of Baba Hari Das in the 1970’s. Today it is a bright, modern retreat & conference center offering a serene and magical space for transformation, community and study.
Our retreat will take place in the Seminar House.
Find out more about Mount Madonna Retreat Center
- By car - if you are driving from the north or south, full instructions are given here
- By air - the closest airport is San Jose (SJC) which is about a one-hour drive from the center (43 miles). San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) are both about 1.5 hours away (74 miles). Here is a list of private shuttle options, if you require travel from the airport to the center.